As promised, I wanted to deliver some audio and video on the process of the “Jet” snare drum I modified in this previous article.

Video shot with phone, audio captured with Tascam DR44 onboard mics. No compression or EQ (but that’s my living room, not my studio).

Pre-production video on YouTube.

Here is a short montage showing the features sounds of the drum before I worked on it.

Production montage of process

The I made a a slideshow of the drilling, fitting, parts, and labor put in (3 hours total).

Post: showing off the finished drum.

Of course, I recorded a vid to capture the features and sound of the finished drum.

Advertisements